Decades and Milestone Events
(1990-1999) A decade of establishing a factory, laying foundations, and setting up quality and other management systems for the production facilities with the focus on product quality and distinctive packaging for consumer convenience such as unit-dose packaging that enables easy use and dispensing of medications, making it a widely-used and accepted practice among drug stores.
Incorporated Bangkok Drug Co., Ltd. (“BDC”) to resell modern pharmaceutical products from other companies to drug stores.
Incorporated Bangkok Lab & Cosmetic Co. Ltd. (“BLC”) on September 30, 1992 to manufacture drugs and cosmetics and function as the production base for Bangkok Drug Co., Ltd with an initial registered capital of 1 million baht (fully paid up), consisting of 10,000 ordinary shares with a par value of 100 baht per share.
- Completed construction of the factory and received a business operation license in May.
- Commenced production of the first drug formulation in June.
- Obtained GMP from the Thai Food and Drug Administration in August. GMP is a system for assuring that the medicines are produced according to quality standards to ensure safety, quality, and efficacy as defined by the World Health Organization (WHO).
(2000-2009) A decade of formulating a business model to accommodate growth and efficient market expansion through setting up a group of subsidiaries categorized by the product lines and expertise of the sales teams as follows:
Farmaline Co., Ltd.
focused on modern medicines including generic drugs and new generic drugs used chiefly in hospitals for the treatment of gastrointestinal tract and respiratory diseases.
Berich (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
focused on skincare products for drug stores and modern trade.
Bangkok Medica Co, Ltd.
focused on drugs for livestock treatment.
Pharma Alliance Co., Ltd
focused on providing a variety of services including inventory system, purchase order management, accounting, financial management, information management, logistics for Group companies together with finding a business partner overseas and export.
- Incorporated Farmaline Co., Ltd. ("FLC").
- Incorporated Berich (Thailand) Co., Ltd. ("BRC").
Granted the ISO 9001 certification for the first time and has been renewed up to the present day. ISO 9001 is an internationally-recognized quality management system that helps elevate work efficiency and spur the organization’s continued development.
- Achieved the ISO 14001 certification for the first time and has been renewed up to the present day. ISO 140001 is the world’s most widely-accepted environment management standard designed to encourage organizations to realize the importance of environmental management, enabling environmental development alongside driving business. Emphasis is placed on management of industrial waste, which has adverse impacts on the environment along with minimizing waste and managing natural resources as a means to increase resource efficiency.
- Be certified to OHSAS 18001 for the first time and had been renewed up to 2020. OHSAS 18001 is a standard for occupational health and safety management designed to reduce risks, prevent work- related accidents for employees, and improve the organization's operational performance to ensure maximum safety of work.
Received the TLS 8001 certification for the first time and has been renewed up to the present day. The Thai Labour Standard TLS 8001 demonstrates that the organization does not engage in exploiting labor and serves as a role model for other workplaces.
- Incorporated Bangkok Medica Co., Ltd. ("BMC")
- Incorporated Pharma Alliance Co., Ltd. ("PAC")
The Top Management of Bangkok Lab & Cosmetic Co., Ltd. signed a petit patent agreement under which the Company can use and commission farmers to grow the patented Yodson Khem 80, a local chili cultivar, of Khon Kaen University. All the yields would be consistently processed into capsicum tincture with a high and consistent concentration of capsaicin, a main medicinally active component in the production of “capsaicin gel”, an herbal medicine used to relieve muscle pain.
(2010-2019) A decade of creating and driving innovations with the founding of BLC Research Center dedicated to driving the development of innovations and technologies for the Company’s products and receiving technology transfer from research agencies, both state and private. It was also a decade of gaining wide acceptance from society as evidenced by the attainment of a myriad of awards and recognitions. This has attested to the employees’ potential as well as ability in organizational management and assurance of the quality of products, which is a hallmark of the manufacturing business of health products.
Bangkok Lab & Cosmetic Co., Ltd. entered into an agreement with the National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT) under which the technology of Khon Kaen University to produce the black galingale extract with high flavonoids would be transferred to the Company. The technology would be commercialized to produce Kachaflavone® for use as a main ingredient in an herbal medicine, “Kaempferia parviflora Extract”, and other dietary supplements to enhance health.
Achieved the ISO/IEC 17025 certification and has since been renewed continuously. The standard is used by testing and calibration laboratories that show the laboratories implement a quality system, are technically competent, and constantly produce valid results that are accredited at an international level.
Founded BLC to develop innovations and technologies for the Company’s products and receive technology transfer from research agencies, both state and private.
Granted the ISO 22000 certification for the first time and has since been renewed continuously. It is a food management system developed by Codex to ensure safety in the global food supply chain. These food safety management standards encompass all requirements related to food safety.
“Kaempferia parviflora Extract” herbal medicine received the Prime Minister Herbal Awards.
Capsaicin lotion received the Prime Minister Herbal Awards.
- Obtained the FDA Quality Awards from the Thai Food and Drug Administration in the workplace handling hazardous substances used in household and public health category for three consecutive years, and in the workplace handling drugs and hazardous substances category for three consecutive years.
- “Kaempferia parviflora Extract for Prolonging Cellular Lifespan” herbal medicine won a gold medal from Geneva International Exhibition of Inventions and received an award from the National Research Council of Thailand.
- Bangkok Lab & Cosmetic Co.,Ltd. signed a contract with Irradiance Solar Co.,Ltd. in April to purchase solar farm equipment to build a 1.4 Mw solar power plant to produce electricity for use in the Company’s operating processes, substituting the electricity used at the service provider unit. The project was expected to bring higher long-term returns.
- Bangkok Lab & Cosmetic Co.,Ltd. and Bangkok Drug Co.,Ltd. jointly signed a memorandum of understanding on observing Code of Sales and Marketing Practices issued by Thai Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (TPMA) toward practices in state and private hospital channels to prevent the offering of bribes to healthcare professionals.
- Achieved the HACCP certification which is a production management system in which food safety is addressed through analysis and critical control point to prevent hazards for consumers so as to ensure food safety.
(2020-present) A decade of conversion of the Company into a public limited company. The Company is determined to be listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand to accommodate the expansion of production facilities and cutting-edge technology as well as continuous research and development to drive innovations and bolster sales, both domestically and overseas. This will enable BLC to become a Thai pharmaceutical company that can rise to the rank of multinational drug company and grow sustainably.
- Restructured the Company to prepare to become a public company on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Obtained the ISO 45001 certification, which is a standard for management systems of occupational health and safety.
- Received the FDA Quality Awards from the Thai Food and Drug Administration in the food and cosmetics workplace category.
- Increased an online distribution channel via “BKD VIVA Healthy at Home”.
- Capsaicin gel with Yodson Khem 80 extract won the second runner-up in the economy category at Innovation Award 2022.
- Increased registered capital (BLC No.1/2565) to 240,000,000 baht.
- Increased registered capital (BLC No.2/2565) to 300,000,000 baht.
- Converted into a public company.
- Kaempferia parviflora Extract herbal medicine received the Creator Awards in the economy category at Innovation Award 2022.
- Signed an MOU on the development of knowledge and products from marijuana, hemp, and other related herbs to develop formulations for the purposes of medical and commercial applications between the Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine and the Company and cannabis community enterprises.